Thursday 3 November 2011

The End of D&G



After a year or so of rumours, Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce finally announced after the D&G spring/summer collection this year that it would be the final collection. They say that instead it will merge into the signature Dolce & Gabbana brand livening up the higher collection to give the brand a new edge, although there have been rumours of other motives;  many across Europe found D&G seemed a bit cheaper and took away from the class and high-fashion which lowered Dolce & Gabbana who used to be considered at the level of Armani and Gucci, so is this a ploy to re-position the brand in the stakes of high-fashion where it belongs? To be honest...who cares, it's happening for one reason or another whether you like it or not! My suggestion? Keep your eyes out for D&G sales, and live in outlet stores where you can find D&G for much cheaper, one because I don't care what anybody says, their traditional southern Italian style is gorgeous and I love their garments, so why NOT buy it especially as you will now be finding it cheaper as it sells out in many outlets? But also because as this line is closing, in a few decades D&G could be the new hottest vintage trend, so it's also an investment. I recently found a beautiful D&G dress that happened to just fit me perfectly and be about 70% off the original price from a former season. One of my best bargains ever!

I love the lace on this beautiful circle skirt

I was a very happy bunny when I found this!

I love how the lace is arranged at the bottom of the skirt, it looks really pretty and super feminine.





No comments:

Post a Comment