Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Prime Primer...

This January I took a short trip to New York, whilst browsing in SAKS I was intrigued by the Laura Mercier stall as I'd heard that they were really great for make-up and that they do the best primer. So I splashed out $30-something on it to give it a try myself. Well, I wish I hadn't!



The sales assistant promised me it was a great product which would keep my make-up on all day, and that it's not oily at all and good for my skin etc etc. It does feel silky smooth on my skin, but it didn't hydrate it or moisturise it. And I noticed that it did not help my make-up 'stick' on my face at all.

About two weeks after I bought it, every time I squeezed some of the primer out the bottle it was really watery...it was half water half primer. I tried shaking the bottle....still watery....shook it more and more and more and still watery! It's useless! I don't know if there primer is always like this, or if I just got a faulty one but it's no use at all and a total waste of money.

In search of a cheaper option for a primer that may work at least a little better I tried out the Fix & Perfect Rimmel primer. This product is fantastic, it's much cheaper and it feels great on your skin, moisturising but not oily, and it keeps the make up on well too. It is a bargain beauty product for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment