Monday 19 September 2011

OLYMPIA BEAUTY SHOW



So yesterday, my friend and I were lucky enough to get free VIP tickets to the Olympia Beauty Show in London. It was absolutely fantastic, there were rows and rows of beauty stalls with about every product you can think off! There were testers,  treatments, demonstrations...and best of all- DISCOUNTS! Which I, of course, took advantage off as there were many reductions and special offers, and I found all sorts of goodies, which I will show you now! Later on in the week I will be uploading some video-tutorials for make-up using some of these great products, so keep tuned ;) Until then, here's what I bought:


The pass and guide book before emptying my wallet at the make-up stalls...





So this is what I came home with...above you will see 1 Olympia Beuaty brochure, my VIP pass, 4 make-up brushes from Crown brushes, 2 brushes from Essential Therapy, 1 powder foundation, bronzer, mineral veil, and 6 powder eye shadows all from Essential Therapy,  1 Essential Therapy make-up bag, and 1 Footlogix mouse.



Essential Therapy- who do lots of great mineral powder make-up, had on two fantastic deals that I couldn't walk away from...for £20 there was a great mix-and-match deal where you could get three different types of Face Powders, 2 eye shadows, 2 brushes, and a make-up bag (you select which of each product you like). And so I got a foundation, bronzer, mineral veil, 2 eye shadows, and a large face brush for the face powders, and a small eye brush for blending in the eye shadows.

The Second deal was for £10, you could choose 4 eye shadows...there were SO many different colours and they were all so stunning that I could NOT limit myself to just 2 colours, which is why I had to go for both deals which meant I got 6 colours!!!!!







Now I know what you're thinking...this deal is just too good to be true...well I thought so too, I thought surely for that price the products would be terrible...but i was wrong- the products are GREAT! Instead of clogging up my pours every day with liquid foundation I can save that for big nights out, and use the face powders during the day. You don't need a lot so those big pots are going to last me a while, and they are so light I feel like I'm not even wearing any make-up at all, yet they give me GREAT coverage! The more subtle eye shadows, which i wear during the day, look really really pretty. The darker more bold eyes look stunning, and will be great for going out, they give real impact-eyes! All the colours I chose really bring out the colour of my eyes. The thing about the Essential Therapy powder eye-shadows (and face powders), is that you MUST try them out before you purchase, because there are sooooo so many different shades, and you ahve to try them out to see which is best for you- if you get the right shade it will flatter you so much and really bring out the colour in your eyes, but if you get the wrong tone it won't be as special.


Anyway, I love Essential Therapy now and I reccomend them- but let's talk about what else I got! Crown make-up brushes (who I was advised by experts thata re super high-quality brushes)- at the show they went from as little at £2!! I got 4 brushes- the pictures were above (brushes with black handles). I got a rather dense medium face brush because I love the Mac Studio Fix powder which i use when I'm going out as a setting powder (excellent product, highly recomend it!), but I found with my very soft brush it wasn't going on well or giving me great coverage...but with a denser brush it works like a charm! It's really worth buying! Anyway I also bough an angeled bronzer brush for contouring and highlighting my cheek bones, before i was using a bigger blush brush and my bronzer just never seemed to look right- but this brush has made a huge difference! It's much easier to apply, and it looks way better too!
I also got another two eye-shadow brushes (you can never have enough if you're constantly mixing colours and washing your brushes!) I got one to apply the shadow over the lid, and one to blend...two vital tools!!!

Last but certainly not least, let's talk about the Footlogix Mouse...






Firstly I would like to send a HUGE thank you to Alicia Mitchell for the free tickets to the show, and for this fantastic free product. This remarkable product is to clear up that dry skin and hydrate your feet, giving beautiful and very fast results. It's really effective due to the scientific side of the ingriedients...Footlogix uses the latest patented professional endorsed technology for general foot problems such as dry cracked feet, dry skin, hard rough skin and cracked heels.
Another thing I love about this mouse, is that when you rub it in it sinks in really fast and evaporates so you aren't left with greasy, moist skin- meaning you can 'apply-and-go'...i.e. rub on the cream and straight away put back on your shoes and you're ready to go!

I only got this product yesterday, and so far it feels like magic. I've spoken to others who have used it before and they told me to keep it up as it really works and improves your feet by miles! I have high hopes, and I'll keep you posted!


Another thing I'd like to comment on, is the turnout of different brands.

I actaully went to the show with the intention of buying MAC, I LOVE their products. However, the stall was absolutely TINY, and totally crowded with people, so to try and make your way through to the displayed items to see what you wanted to try and buy meant putting up a fight and investing in a thousand bruises first from a competitive crowd of MAC customers. Once you finally fought your way to the counter, you'd realsie that barely any of the products were actually displayed...there was a very small ranger which meant you couldn't try much or even see everything that was available to buy. And you could see, you weren't actually able to take...instead you could only place an order to have it mailed to your home, which would have been worth it if the products were discounted like most of the other brands at the show...but they weren't. So it was pretty useless and a bad turnout- I felt very disapointed because I could have done that on the internet...or just go to my local store for that.

You could however sign up for a MAC Pro card...but there was too much of a crowd, I became too impatient after waiting in a pushy crowd for fifteen minutes and getting nowhere! MAC I love you, but I wish you'd had a better turnout at the show! But it did allow me to discover some new products and great deals from other brands like Essential Therapy- so not a total loss!


One counter that I LOVED was the Royal Brush MFG UK stall...





I loved Loved LOVED their technique of showcasing the brushes!! On the surrounding tables were baskets full of brushes to buy.



For any of you who were also lucky enough to get to see the show, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and found what you were looking for! 





No comments:

Post a Comment